Dairy and beef producers within the contiguous U.S. have the opportunity to become Genex members, delegates and directors. Becoming a member is simple and rewarding. It allows you to have grassroots input in the governance of your cooperative!
What are the benefits of becoming a Genex member? As a Genex member, you...
• Have voting privileges allowing you to have a voice in the governance of the cooperative.
• Have the opportunity to participate in district and member appreciation meetings.
• Receive equity in the cooperative.
• Can become a Genex delegate or a Genex director.
How do I become a member? To become a member, simply:
• Purchase $200 of semen, products and/or services in a 12-month period.
• Complete a membership form.
• Have your social security number or tax identification number on file at Genex.
Do I have to attend regular meetings?
• Members are invited to one meeting each year. This meeting is the cooperative's chance to thank members for their involvement.
What does it cost to become member?
• No fee is required to become a Genex member. Simply meet the above requirements of purchasing $200 worth of products, semen and/or services in a 12-month period, completing a membership form and having your social security number or tax identification number on file at Genex to become a member.
As a member, how is my opinion heard by the cooperative?
• As a producer member you will have the chance to elect a delegate for your district. Each delegate represents approximately 100 members.
• Each delegate represents his or her district at a fall input meeting and at the annual meetings each March.
• Delegates gather as a region to elect their board member. Board members from 13 regions comprise the Genex Board of Directors.
• Thus, as a producer member your opinions are brought to the attention of the governing board by the elected delegate for your district.